Personalisation by Pieces
Personalisation by Pieces (PbyP) is an approach to achieving large scale change towards a more personalised system of education. The approach is to find tools that are useful in their own right but together form pieces of an aligned and coherent system of change. The PbyP toolkit grows and improves over time but where possible the principles behind each tool should be applicable at every level of the education system including learners, teachers, leaders and policy makers.
How this resource can support you along the innovation continuum:
- Provide tools that help in breaking the change into pieces is that each individual can contribute meaningfully and the pace of change can be controlled more easily.
- The role of leadership and vision is essential and PbyP is intended to provide simply a range of tools to make to assist the process of change.
- Provide set of tools for the following: Central direction and purpose of change, understanding the change process, frameworks for defining progression, evaluating progression and sharing expertise.
- A clear and widely shared central definition of purpose and direction, Core Aims, are critical for all organisations. These must be in a form which can be remembered and applied to real life practice by every stakeholder.
- The PbyP toolkit grows and improves over time but where possible the principles behind each tool should be applicable at every level of the education system.