West Burnham on Purpose Underlying Vision
This paper challenges each school to thoughtfully investigate the motivation and beliefs underlying their school vision for change.
How this resource can support you along the innovation continuum:
- What is the nature of learning?
- What are the components which need to be visited to develop a vision?
- What does a vision provide and how can it be embedded into practice?
- A vision is seen as fundamental to effective leadership and the basis of all forms of organizational activity.
- A vision can be developed from three main sources and is usually
expressed in the school's aims or mission statement. These are:
- The moral basis for the school's work.
- The core purpose of the school.
- The desired future state of the school.