Towards New Learning Networks
This paper from Futurelab (UK) explores the value of a learning community in education. It is argued that personalized learning may not be possible if we maintain our current thinking of learning only happening in certain places. Learning communities can play a vital role in education reform.
How this resource can support you along the innovation continuum:
- Understand how learning communities can support development of personalized learning
- Understand the importance of learning networks in education
- What counts as 'learning'?
- Full personalization will require the creation of powerful learning networks
- If learning outside school is overlooked, formal education may appear increasingly abstract to many learners and parents
- New technologies can play an important role in narrowing the gap between formal and informal education supporting the development of learning communities