Local School Advisory Council Guidance
This spring 2007 PowerPoint presentation offers guidance in setting up school advisory councils based on experience gleaned from Innovative Schools Program participants. It features examples from the Mexican school team, Philadelphia School of the Future, and the ISP Working Group of Advisors.
How this resource can support you along the innovation continuum:
- Guidance on how to build a stakeholder group.
- Help in developing a framework of expectations of the different stakeholder groups.
- Identify the profile of advisory council members to ensure they are effective in supporting/managing the change process.
- In any innovative process, there is a need to have an advisory council.
- The profile of members on this council is important to the long-term success of the innovation process.
- Advisory members should also get an opportunity to experience the innovation processs/projects.